I had the opportunity to revisit PT’s Coffee Co. on Monday evening, and confirmed for myself that they do indeed pull a fine espresso. The evening was made better yet by the company of Barry Jarret of Riley’s Coffee. I’ve known Barry for some months now as a valued contributor to the alt.coffee newsgroup, and as a talented roaster and blender of beans. I learned on Monday that he’s also a fine storyteller, generous with his knowledge, modest almost to a fault, and generally a fun guy to hang around with. Go ahead, ask him how he got his start in the coffee business… but take a potty break first.
- Just spilled a California Cabernet on a purple t-shirt while inspecting its color. I am a de facto Master Sommelier now, right? Time ago 35 Minutes via Twitter for iPhone
- A net of diaphanous, liquid diamond strands, a gossamer web of squeezable mayonnaise, a most fragrant array of saff… t.co/3NMs27kBeh Time ago 8 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @BettyBowers: LBJ's 11/9/68 letter to Smothers Brothers after they satirized him on TV: “It is part of the price of leadership of this… Time ago 10 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @TheRickWilson: Oh, come the hell ON. Anyone? t.co/dWbtnTP2NK Time ago 10 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- Roses are red, And come in a box, Necco candy hearts are no more, But you can buy ‘em from Brachs. Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @GregAndree71: 13yo student just passed me in the hall, and asked if I knew what day it was. I said I did, and he said, "All those kids… Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.