After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- @tonx I worry a dysfunctional Staye may be worse than none at all. Geez, I'm sick of worrying about this broke down administration. Time ago 7 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @imillhiser: Today's vote is preliminary. Thousands of lives can be saved if every "yes" vote has the worst night of their life tonight… Time ago 9 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @xeni: I'm a cancer patient and I'd just like to remind you that Trump is lying, because Obamacare saved my life, and many others Time ago 9 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- Christ, what an asshole. ?? “Generations of Scouts troubled by Trump's politicized speech at Scouts Jamboree” t.co/YEyNB0f57L Time ago 1 Day via Twitter Web Client
- From a never-made-Eagle-Scout (that's me) a must-read from a guy with BSA Bona Fides on Trump's tarnishing of the N… t.co/x5qsHupCJr Time ago 1 Day via Twitter Web Client
- OMG. So good. t.co/g6VrsVD7xw Time ago 3 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.