After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- Just spilled a California Cabernet on a purple t-shirt while inspecting its color. I am a de facto Master Sommelier now, right? Time ago 35 Minutes via Twitter for iPhone
- A net of diaphanous, liquid diamond strands, a gossamer web of squeezable mayonnaise, a most fragrant array of saff… t.co/3NMs27kBeh Time ago 8 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @BettyBowers: LBJ's 11/9/68 letter to Smothers Brothers after they satirized him on TV: “It is part of the price of leadership of this… Time ago 10 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @TheRickWilson: Oh, come the hell ON. Anyone? t.co/dWbtnTP2NK Time ago 10 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- Roses are red, And come in a box, Necco candy hearts are no more, But you can buy ‘em from Brachs. Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @GregAndree71: 13yo student just passed me in the hall, and asked if I knew what day it was. I said I did, and he said, "All those kids… Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.