After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- @scalzi Just when I thought you had no fucks left to give... Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- t.co/zmdVtxC54t Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Tch, tch. You can break their TOS but you can’t tell people about it. That’s a ban-able offense. t.co/5dsXKoJRsJ Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @Snowden: Facebook makes their money by exploiting and selling intimate details about the private lives of millions, far beyond the scan… Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- More like this, please. t.co/sbwhyaZA4o Time ago 6 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Srsly? t.co/SMhQ8KCrub Time ago 6 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.