After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- RT @ChrisMurphyCT: This is happening. Drop what you are doing to start calling, start showing up, start descending on DC. Game on. https://… Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPad
- RT @CNN: Protesters take to the streets of St. Louis for the 3rd day t.co/NqM85Z9Stg t.co/y34QhBYIw9 Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPad
- @mercurek ? Time ago 3 Days via Twitter Web Client
- RT @TheRoot: "Should I pretend that @Kaepernick7 didn't kneel?" @jemelehill claps back at people who tell her to leave politics out of spo… Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Brave little space tourist. t.co/nKHTi2cfFv Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Is it the thought the poor might *enjoy* the benefits of good health that rich folk can't abide, or that they won't just *die*, already? Time ago 5 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.