After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- Siri, show me somebody who has never tried to make ends meet on a minimum wage job. t.co/6YTMj9wvKW Time ago 3 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @BillPascrell: “Georgia Republicans introduced a 48-page bill to significantly change voting procedures...that targets Black voters” Th… Time ago 1 Day via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @amyklobuchar: As our hearing concludes, I want to make one thing clear: “provocateurs” did not storm the Capitol. They were not “fake T… Time ago 1 Day via Twitter for iPhone
- @AP @AP_Politics Who didn’t expect Manchin to try to flex? Anybody? Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- @nerdist Um. t.co/R0vwsitxGv Time ago 3 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @Jscott1145: Yes Texans please do this ASAP t.co/Uqkl8Oiy8r Time ago 3 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.