After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- RT @listrophy: The two hardest things in Computer Science are: People, and convincing others that "People" is the hardest thing in Computer… Time ago 8 Hours via Twitter for iPad
- RT @nycsouthpaw: They made Jimmy Carter sell his goddamn peanut farm. t.co/BxafplpgIx Time ago 8 Hours via Twitter for iPad
- Thirteen angry men. t.co/jzanOPyVGE Time ago 20 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- The scorn is strong in this one, @joshtpm: David Brooks, Derp and the Poverty of Trump-Russia ‘Hot Takes’ t.co/6I54yKxZe7 Time ago 20 Hours via Twitter Web Client
- @sprudge Holding out for latte-art in a toasted marshmallow. Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @SenKamalaHarris: Retweet if you: Have a right to know what’s in Congressional Republicans' health care plan. (This is everyone.) Time ago 3 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.