After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- RT @bleepbloopbass: hey look #ImpeachDonaldTrump is trending on earth day im sure that the earth would vote in favor for that if she could Time ago 6 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @spdustin: I know a lot of media personalities, Twitter "influencers", or whatever have shared their treatment of the Mueller Report tod… Time ago 1 Day via Twitter for iPhone
- @FreshCupMag @CaffeinatedLamb How Sabrina makes a cup. Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- My vote for most wise tweet of the week. t.co/W0bkgyYzae Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Whoopsie. t.co/lZgEeZj7ta Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Inexplicably, one of the TVs in my local is tuned to the Dressage World Cup. The horses are stunning. The interplay… t.co/4fziNuiIH6 Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.