After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- RT @helenprejean: Yesterday, Attorney General Barr received an award for “Christlike behavior.” Today, Barr’s Justice Department carried ou… Time ago 17 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- It’s the first day of fall. ? Are you registered to vote? ? Time ago 3 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- @jasondominy @pomplamoose Likewise! Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- Don’t despair. Vote. Time ago 6 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @JasonKander: Everyone should read this remarkable piece by @Sarah_Smarsh. It captures perfectly how best to engage the other side, why… Time ago 6 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- RT @TylerDinucci: You're wondering what you can do to help? The most important thing is making sure that we take back the Senate. Amy McGra… Time ago 7 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.