After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- RT @TopherSpiro: This is important. Since not a single Senator is having a town hall, you must go in groups to offices. Rally outside any p… Time ago 1 Day via Twitter for iPad
- RT @benwikler: I've heard this from two additional sources. Make this recess count, folks. You have from now till June 5. t.co/oj4p… Time ago 1 Day via Twitter for iPad
- RT @MrsTad: 'This Is The Place': Watch poet Tony Walsh's inspirational ode to Manchester at terror attack vigil -- t.co/8wLDtCNUey Time ago 3 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- In a sanctuary city, no less. t.co/HhkXU7mTa6 Time ago 4 Days via Twitter for iPhone
- @T_Wes44 What an inspiration! Time ago 5 Days via Twitter for iPad
- RT @paul_haine: If you're ever having a bad day, just watch this video of a man trying to deep-fry gnocchi t.co/U1aXAS4kIJ Time ago 5 Days via Twitter for iPad
Follow @decadmus on twitter.