After just shy of 300 roast cycles [or 56 pounds of coffee] my Hearthware [Home Innovations] Gourmet roaster has given up the ghost. It would seem that the circuit board is no longer on speaking terms with the heating element. Hearthware responded to my email request for service within 24 hours, and I am told a replacement board is on its way. Meanwhile I’ve been sampling with the FreshRoast again… it *really* does a spiffy job of preserving the bright characteristics of single origin beans like Kenya, and the Central American beans. Still, it has great difficulty pushing dense beans into second crack [after having roasted 80 pounds or more itself] so I’ll be without fresh espresso beans until I get the Gourmet repaired [or until the FreshRoast Plus arrives]. This could be a problem….
- RT @MillenPolitics: Your vote matters. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t have Republicans trying to suppress it. If it didn’t, you wouldn’t ha… Time ago 17 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- @tiffani @tonx Poor folks are poor ‘cause there’s more month than money and not much in the way of options. Hard wo… t.co/Txb9oIQEN0 Time ago 18 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- @cdenbyswanson @halvorson Plan B: Perpetual rewatch of The West Wing. Time ago 18 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- @halvorson Short stories FTW. Best I can manage at the moment. That said, @MaryRobinette’s The Lady Astronauts of M… t.co/DKqfeEqhga Time ago 18 Hours via Twitter for iPhone
- @Coolbeit @anamariecox Jon Stewart revealed who Tucker was. He didn’t *create* the monster. Time ago 1 Day via Twitter for iPhone
- @JohnJHarwood Rubio is perhaps the penultimate #HelsinkiRepublican. Time ago 2 Days via Twitter for iPhone
Follow @decadmus on twitter.